Saturday, December 5, 2009

Tanzania 2009 #18

As my last day in country winds down I want to humbly thank those of you that have followed these rambling thoughts and shared this experience with me. Your prayers have been huge and more meaningful than you will ever know.
The hostel we have stayed in the last two nights has wi-fi so I have been able to download Picasa on the netbook and begin to edit my photos.
Ray and Russ, two of my traveling companions; two new brothers, are taking a nap and I put on my headphones and turned on the I-pod. The song that came on has become the theme song for me for this trip. Hillsong's "One Desire" expresses my heart's desire as I have traveled this incredible country these last 18 days. To be where He is and where He wants me is the desire of my heart, wherever that is each and every day, from Monroe to Mwanza, from Iringa to Ilambilole and Bomalang'ombe.
As I think of beginning my journey home in the morning I am undone at God's blessing on me and my family as we begin this new adventure in His Mansion. I don't begin to understand why I have been given so much and some have so little. Sometimes it all seems relative but it will continue to be a question that will follow me all the days of my life in more intense ways than I will ever begin to understand after this trip.
One thing about being out of one's comfort zone is that we tend to be more in tune with our own inadequacy and finiteness, if you will. I have been way out of mine these last two plus weeks, farther then I had imagined. I did not place a lot of expectations on this trip because of much of my last experience here last year. But, just like God, more and different than I could have ever thought. For those of you that have read through these entries I hope you have seen that.
My desire for you as you have shared this adventure with me is that you would see that no matter what you have been given in this world there are so many with so much less. The over arching desire for Shirley and I at PepperCorn and now at the Mansion has been to always remember that God owns it all and that we are just the mangers. As we strive to be good stewards of what He provides it comes with a responsibility to manage it well. Whether it is money or relationships, we have so many more blessings than most people in the world will ever have. Appreciate what you have, appreciate those that are around you, and tell them. Think beyond the moment to what and who is really important.
I will be posting photos when I get home with image specific info so please keep coming back over the next weeks & months to come. You will also begin to see info related to our teams next trip next summer. Because of Him,
Randy
Because of Him,
Randy

(Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry)

No comments:

Post a Comment