Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tanzania 2009 #20

I've landed in London & checked into hotel. Looking forward to a little dinner, hot shower, and sleep.
This has been an amazing trip for all the reasons listed in previous entries and more.
I spent a lot of the flight today sorting images and trying to begin to organize them; lots to do. The flight seemed pretty surreal as it did last year. As I look out the window today I saw places again that I've read about and/or seen in photos; the Sahara Desert, north coast of Africa, Sicily, the boot of Italy, the Alps, the English Channel.
Pause:
It is currently 4:00AM local time here in London and 7:00AM local time in Tanzania. I can tell I am going to be struggling w/ major jetlag this time. My mind is already gearing up for all that awaits me upon my return. I passed out about 8:30 London time and slept soundly til about 1:45. I just finally got up and will try to get some work done before breakfast. Besides, I just discovered a coffee pot and some Walker's Butter Shortbread in the closet. That's all the excuse I need for some coffee, even decaf.
Pray for me that I would not lose the impact from this trip to the busyness of my routine as I return. Each time I have returned the idea of "Spiritual Tourism" bothers me more and more. I want, I need it to be more than that or it would be a waste of resources for me. There has to be an impact in my life and those I have opportunity to influence. If not it would be better to stay home and invest the money in the areas directly.
I can't wait to get home and begin to share my experiences. I do need to be careful though to pace all of us, especially myself, so I don't lose sight of keeping balance for me and my family.
Thank you all again for sharing this with me in this way.
I look forward to continuing to share images and specifics stories/needs in the weeks to come.
Blessings on you all.
Because of Him,
Randy

(Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry)

No comments:

Post a Comment